With all the diets and fads that exist in society today it’s hard to really know which is the best one. Which one is healthier, which one will make me lost more weight, which will give me faster results, etc., are some questions you might ask when thinking about trying out a diet plan. Two of the most popular plans you’ve probably heard of are Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. They conquer commercials on television, and both claim to be the best. But which one really is the best one? What should you spend your money on when trying out one of these diets?
Let’s do some comparison on the two diets to better see where they’re the same and where they’re different.
- It costs about $30 to sign up for Weight Watchers initially, and then another $19 a month after that to use the online tools, but you’ll be paying $45 a month go to the meetings.
- Weight Watchers don’t provide any food for you, though you can find some foods in the market that follow the points system, but they do offer a recipe only system for you to use so you can use their products to aid your weight loss.
- Weight watchers is a diet system that basically follows keeping track of what you eat with a points system, and gives you an app and some technology to do it. It’s not much different than logging your food on your own.
- This diet allows you to ‘eat what you want’ within moderations. But it requires more planning and more work than nutrisystem, because you must take time to figure out how many points you are eating and keep track of them in some way.
- Weight watchers offers a unique meeting you can attend as often as you want where you go and meet other weight watcher people and try to hold each other accountable throughout the dieting process, this is one of the reasons they are successful.
- Don’t forget, if you choose Weight Watchers, exercise is an essential part of the program.
So let’s learn about weight watchers and what it’s enatils. When it comes to ease of use, Weight Watchers may not be the way to go. You can usually find food at the supermarket in the frozen aisle that will go by the points system Weight Watchers go by, but they aren’t going to taste fantastic compared to the alternative option of buying the Weight Watchers cookbooks and making your own meals within the guidelines. If you opt for the cookbook, the taste of the food will likely be enticing and easy to eat, and you will still be able to stay within your points. Doing this will also mean the food quality is ideal and you don’t have to sacrifice taste for points. Their weight watchers counter online is easy to use for you to plug in the numbers and keep track of you points, no matter which option you choose.
If you do choose to purchase and use the cookbook, it is obviously going to be considerable harder than if you buy the frozen meals at the super market. However, fresh recipes are usually better for you and they will taste better than the frozen food too.
The cost is a little daunting when it comes to weight watchers. First you have to fork over a cost to start the program, and then pay a monthly fee to keep it going, and they have different plans that have different prices as well. As mentioned before it costs about $30 to sign up for the program, and then there are monthly programs that range from online only for $19.95 a month, the meetings plus the online program $44.95 a month, or the personal coaching option plus the online program for $54.95 a month. Adding these up you can see that it might get expensive to join Weight Watchers.
Weight Watchers can be done by anyone who wishes to lose weight. They recommend exercising while participating, but the intensity of the exercise can be tailored to your fitness level. That means it can work for larger or smaller individuals. With the lifestyle changes that Weight Watchers tries to instill in its members, you can expect to see changes more over the long term than right away. Most testimonials have members losing and average of two pounds a week, or eight pounds a month.
- Nutrisystem is going to cost you about $270 a month to get started and get the benefits. That may seem like a lot, but the food is all provided for you so you won’t have to go shopping or cook while you’re on this diet. It can be even cheaper if you find a coupon that’s out there.
- Nutrisystem supplies pre-packed, sealed, portion controlled food to the member with everything from snacks, to meals, and even deserts. Everything is also shelf stable, so it doesn’t have to be refrigerated, but it will probably taste better if you do.
- On Nutrisystem you can supplement your meals with dairy or fresh fruits and vegetables and they even have an option for diabetics that has been extremely successful.
- You don’t need to count your food in points or measure it when you’re on nutrisystem. There is also no fee to join or ongoing membership fees.
- Nutrisystem doesn’t have weekly meetings, but does offer community support via a chat service through their website.
- Of course, as with any diet system, nutrisystem users are encouraged to exercise during the program.
Nutrisystem is made for the consumer who would rather not follow difficult recipes, count points, of be confined to the frozen aisle in the grocery store. You get prepackaged food with Nutriystem, but it comes right to you and is much cheaper than if you were to by frozen meals in the store. You eat nothing but their packaged foods, snacks, and deserts, and they even guarantee you’ll lost 5 pounds in 5 days or you get your money back. Per reviews, the foods are like microwaveable meals and taste decent. They are shelf stable, so they generally taste like a frozen TV dinner. The breakfast items are noted to be very good, as well as the desserts that are included. The consensus is the food is not bad, but there is a learning curve when figuring out how to cook it just right.
The ease of this program is much better than Weight Watchers. The food is chosen for you based on a survey when you join, you then pick out meals and snacks based on their products and they are sent right to you. No going to the grocery store, no recipes to cooks, they taste good, and you can microwave most of the products.
Nutrisystem has a better cost when you break it down. A 28 day plan that includes ten days of frozen meals and 18 days of pantry food costs between $300 and $340. It may be more expensive at first glance, but when you subtract that from you grocery bill it ends up being cheaper. You basically spend around $10.00 a day with this plan on the food you eat, but remember that’s without cooking anything or eating anything else from the store.
Nutrisystem is also able to be used by anyone who wants to lose weight. They have several different plans to choose from that make it versatile for what you want out of the program. The results are centered around nutrition and lifestyle change. So, if you incorporate exercise into your routine and follow the Nutrisystem diet you will get the results you’re looking for. Also, because Nutrisystem is designed for healthy weight loss and not quick weight loss, you can expect to lose an average of one to two pounds a week per reviews, so about the same as Weight Watchers, but in a much more convenient way.
The Bottom Line
After reading these facts, and doing some reasoning, it’s clear the Nutrisystem is better than Weight Watchers when you are wanting to lose weight. Nutrisystem is easier, with their meals delivered right to your door, and there is little effort in preparing them. You don’t have to attend weekly meetings, and you don’t have to learn any new recipes that might be difficult to make. I’m sure Weight Watchers has its place with some people, but to me, a meal plan I don’t have to overly think or add special routines to my day for wins the prize. Not to mention, a lot of people report even more weight loss on Nutrisystem than on Weight Watchers.